Tuesday we just stayed home and rested. Wednesday night was church. Thursday night we spent the night at GQ's elementary school at "Family Reading Night". The book fair was at the school and we picked out some books for the boys and met with GQ's teacher. It was neat to see his interested in learning to read and to be able to further feed that interest. I'm glad that his school sponsors a week night event for that purpose.
Friday started our crazy weekend. We knew it would be so much fun, but busy. I took GQ to school Friday morning and immediately started cleaning the house. I knew that we wouldn't be at home this weekend and if it was going to get done at all it had to be Friday morning. Friday nights we usually reserve for ourselves. That would be Left Brain and I....without kiddos. We call it "date night". So, after school on Friday I dropped the boys off at my mother-in-law's house and we went for our usual dinner out.
Saturday morning we got up early and left for our trip to Louisville. We had been planning to go for a few weeks when we got an email from Kathy that Hopeful Hearts was planning their annual Ukrainian Picnic for all of the families that had ever adopted from Ukraine through them. We had such a wonderful afternoon visiting with everyone and hearing details from their adoptions. Though they were all the same, each one had different details. It makes we want to start the process all over again tomorrow. We were able to meet a young couple that had just started the process. It was so neat to be with them as they were starting what we had just finished. They had so many of the same questions that we once had. I posted a few pictures from the park that day. GQ shyed away from the camera and Blue Eyes became fond of it....snapping some photos of me in the process. Then afterward we also went to the Louisville Slugger Museum. We got there right after the museum "bat making part" closed, so we were only able to walk around the hallways for a minute or two. We loved what we saw and are dying to go back! I think Left Brain and I enjoyed it more than the boys did! Today we've been lazy so far. After church we came home, had dinner, and have been enjoying some nice Sunday afternoon thunderstorms. What a great way to end a busy weekend......taking a nap on the couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment