We awoke this morning and Oksana told us that we should not go to Ochacov today because we were going to have to go both Thursday and Friday. So, we heeded her advice and didn't get a visit with GQ.
We were able to visit with Blue Eyes today around 10:30am- 11:30am. We had another good visit....as always. We were only able to walk laps around the orphanage again because it is still so wet here. We went inside a little early so that we could really get down and play with him without getting him muddy.
We also know from our visits today and yesterday that Blue Eyes LOVES grapes. We went back to the apartment after our visit for a quick minute, and then walked down the street to the pharmacy. Left Brain needed something to help heal his stomach sore...he's had it for over a week now! We also visited some small fruit stands along the way and bought items for supper. Oksana wanted to stay in tonight and cook. So, that is what we did. Turns out, she is an excellent cook!
Left Brain and I played a couple of rounds of Rummikub when we returned while Oksana worked on the computer translating our paperwork for the embassy.
Oksana cooked bits of chicken in with tomatoes and red bell peppers...in sunflower oil. Then she cooked white rice separately and we mixed it all together. It WAS DELICIOUS! We ate really early (around 4pm) because we skipped lunch and we were already hungry.
After we ate, Left Brain and I went for another visit with Blue Eyes. We stayed outside all of this visit because he seemed really energetic. He was SO happy to see us when we walked in this afternoon. He had a look of surprise on his face and said,"MAMA!"
It was absolutely precious! This afternoon he wanted to be carried the whole time and for us to bounce around while holding him. That's what the photos are of. 
He is saying, "bomp,bomp,bomp" every time we bounce. It's cute. We were able to stay with him until 6pm, when he had to return for dinner.We are back at the apartment for the night. We've already talked with Traci and Ginger on skype and had a phone call from Danny.
Traci was helping us get plane tickets for the boys to come home! YAY! She was on the phone with the airline and on skype with us at the same time so that we could feed her the needed information. We weren't able to get their tickets online because they don't allow children to travel alone on international flights. Left Brain and I already have tickets booked and could not find a place on the internet that we could tell them that the children were with us....so a phone call to the airline was necessary. We couldn't do it from here, so Traci was nice enough to help us out! Thanks a ton, Traci!
Hope ya'll all have a wonderful night and beautiful weather tomorrow.
Oh yeah...Les....I know you are out there reading this daily and keeping up with us. Just wanted to say hi! I wish our flights were going through Nashville so we could stop and the whole family could meet you. I hate that I am the only one (besides Jhonda) who has had the pleasure.
Goodnight!
Today has been cool and it is beginning to cloud up, suppose to rain Thursday. I am sure the anticipation of getting the boys Friday is about to kill you both. But look at it this way, it is less than 24 hours. To me, days seem longer than hours. Have a good night and I hope Ben's stomach sore gets better. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHi Nikki & Ben,
ReplyDeleteWe have been following your blog faithfully & are so overjoyed for you both--Max and Miles are totally precious! We are counting down the days with you and have you all in our prayers. Thank you so much for all you have shared--we hope to be following you shortly--we will be in the Izmail region and I'm afraid coats will not be an option by the time we arrive there! The information you have shared and the pictures you have posted are wonderfully informative for those of us following in your footsteps. I know this is a journey with many ups and downs but there is one thing I am certain of: I will NOT eat the jelly meat!!
Alycia Davies