In October 2009, Left Brain and I ventured to Ukraine to start our family. We adopted two precious little boys. We are currently wanting to expand our family by 2 more! We're looking into adoption again. Read along, see where our journeys take us.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The washing machine blues

We currently have the washing machine blues! Yesterday I put the boys outside to play all day while Left Brain worked in the garden. Because Left Brain was home, I was able to mow the yard and clean the house all in one afternoon! Yay for that! So I decided to catch up on laundry as well. Well, our house is about 3 years old....meaning that so are our appliances. Who would think that something would go wrong with a 3 year old washing machine?!?!?! Not I, said the little red hen! But it did!
Around 11 pm last night it started making this HORRIBLE noise and it stopped spinning. Well, those of you that know my husband, Left Btain, know how handy he is. And as handy as he is, he is more adorable. (I'm saying this more for myself than for you guys.) He decides that he is going to take it apart to see if he can tell what is wrong with it. Need I remind you that it is 11 pm? And that the washer was on the "wash cycle" full of water and wet towels? So he goes on to drain the washer and get the towels out so that he can totally take it apart. By the time he gets it apart it is around midnight...then he wants to know what is wrong....so that takes a while longer. Then he decides to give up and go to bed....without putting it back together of course! Today, the parts of the washing machine are spread out over the laundry room and kitchen floors. Our house is, by no standards, considered large. In fact, it's bout the size of a cracker box. :) So, a washing machine spread out over the floors takes up almost the entire floor. Needless to say, it is a serious inconvenience....that and the fact that dirty clothes pile up around here like ants at a picnic.
I am not at all complaining about Left Brain, he is handy and is currently working on the washing machine. He's figured out the problem and is on the phone with Sears to try to order the part. I am just on my soapbox about how appliances these days aren't made to last. It's ridiculous!
Anyway, enough of my griping.....now to what you really look at this thing for....the boys!
They are great! We went to church this morning. Blue Eyes sat out front with Left Brain and I. He seems to do better at that than being in class. He behaves so well out there. We took him out with us because we are working on potty training hard core. For three days now, he has told us every time he needed to use the potty! YAY for Blue Eyes! We want to keep him focused until he is totally use to what it feels like to need to potty.
GQ is also doing great! Tomorrow will be the start of him going to school two days a week. He's not totally pumped about it, but I think he will like it once he gets in the routine of it. He's very much a routine oriented child!
We hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment