
October 23rd, 2009....one year ago today. It was the day that we got custody of the boys! Hip Hip Hooray! We had officially been parents for about 10 days, but were unable to gain custody until the 10 day waiting period was over. So, today is the day that we went to the orphanages and took them new clothes, shoes, underwear.....and took them to live with us! It was the day that all of our lives were forever changed. For the better, that is....
I had NO idea what an impact these two precious children would make on my life! Wow! I am continually amazed at how much I love these little boogers! Cause, the one thing that they forget to tell parents in the adoption process....You won't automatically love the children, and they won't love you....love grows over time and it takes time.
Our love as a family is still growing. But I will say...my love for these two is now unconditional. There is NOTHING they could do to make me love them any less!
Precious fellas!
In honor of Gotcha Day we ordered a cake, had donuts for breakfast, and are letting the boys pick what we do for the rest of the day! We didn't want it to become a huge deal, so no presents....but we still want it to be special.
Also in honor of Gotcha Day....here are some comparison photos for your viewing pleasure.
Here are some pictures of the boys....

Here are some pictures of Blue Eyes


Here are some side by side comparisons of GQ.


Still the same facial expression for disappointment!

Congratulations on your Gotcha Day! And even when you birth your babies, love waxes and wanes. Some days I'm in love, other days I drive through the neighborhood looking for a nice cozy porch to drop her off on. Ok, kidding. But I fall in and out of love, mostly depending on how tired I am. No one tells you about that part. I think people forget about all the hard parts - it must be a survival mechanism.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots of the boys!