Well, today was sort of uneventful! Blue Eyes and I took GQ to school this morning and ran a few errands. He went with me to see my tailor.....that was an experience! For those of you who can buy things off of the rack and just wear them....I'M JEALOUS!!! EVERYTHING I wear has to be altered in some way....boo hiss! Anyway, we ran into Pop (Left Brain's Dad) at lunch and visited with him for a while today. All of us just happened to get food and eat at the park all at the same time on a SUPER HOT day! How weird! So, we got to visit with him....it was neat. Then we ran a few more errands and Ginger came to pick up Blue Eyes so that he didn't have to go with GQ and I to get vaccinations. Blue Eyes isn't due for them until his 4th birthday. Since he's about 3 handfuls....I really don't like to take him to things that require a lot of attention for GQ. I knew I was going to have to hold GQ down....and would need to sit on Blue Eyes to keep him still...and honestly, I'm not big enough to do all of that at the same time and by myself. Keeping Blue Eyes from searching through anything he can get his little paws on is a job all alone! Then if I had to add holding GQ still for his immunizations....well, to say the least, I didn't see it going that well. Ginger offered to take Blue Eyes off of my hands so that I would have an easier time. THANKS A TON GINGY! You were a lifesaver today! But as it turns out, I ended up not needing the help. The health department didn't receive all of the necessary paperwork from the pediatrician's office, so they wouldn't give him the immunizations. Poor GQ. He sat so patiently as I filled out all of the paperwork, fully knowing that he was getting "shot" as he calls it. He was trying to be a big boy, but I could see the tears welling up in his eyes as he thought about it and especially when the nurse called us back. He made himself be a tough guy...and he worked REALLY hard at it.....all for nothing! And now, he has to go through all of that again. I was a little irritated at the health department for not making sure I had given them everything they needed BEFORE the appointment! And they still charged me for the appointment to boot! Ugh! I have a soapbox moment about that topic, but I will spare y'all!
Blue Eyes' nap got overlooked today in all of the running around and going to Ginger's house. BAD MAMA! I know better than that! He was SO grumpy that we came straight home and I put him down for a nap at 5 pm! HE IS STILL ASLEEP and it's 7:30pm now! And, yes...he will go to bed tonight with NO problems! How did I get SO lucky with their sleeping habits? We've never had one bit of trouble with naps or bedtime. I lay them down during the day and they stay there until they fall asleep. As far as night goes, a bath seems to lull them to sleep and they are almost asleep by the time you get them out and get pjs on them. BLESSING!
Since Blue Eyes is napping...and you DON'T wake up the lock ness monster when he is sleeping, Left Brain and GQ went on to church without us. Fine by me cause I had a lot of catching up to do around the house. Dishes and laundry pile up around this cracker box house like ants at a picnic. It can quickly get away from ya if you let it! I got all of that done and decided to update you guys on how boring things are around here. :)
We'll be T Ballin' it tomorrow night. It's the Cossey Crew's turn to provide snacks for the players. I'm SUPER excited because so far no one has decided to provide popsicles. It was a no-brainer for me...for one, IT'S HOT OUTSIDE and two, KIDS LOVE POPSICLES! One can't go wrong with kids and popsicles.
Anyway, that's about all I have in the way of things that are going on with the CC.
Oh, I almost forgot....Left Brain starts his new job on Monday. We are really excited about that because he will be working from our town a few days a week. It's been a while since he worked that close to home!
Nothing else....this time I promise!
Happy Wednesday Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment